Fedora repo

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Fedora repo

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2024-02-02, 12:11

Hello!

Does somebody know a Pale Moon repository for Fedora?

If not, I will have to build my own RPMs.

kind regards
Pentium4User
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Fedora repo

Unread post by athenian200 » 2024-02-02, 15:23

Steve Pusser builds Debian packages, but I don't think anyone has ever built RPMs of Pale Moon.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, though. I happen to know a little bit about building RPMs (I've done so in the past), but I've never tried to do so with Pale Moon. My RPM building phase was years before my UXP development experience, and I haven't tried to do it in a while, but think I still remember the basics.

Our Pale Moon tarballs are produced on CentOS 7, though, so they should work on Fedora too.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Fedora repo

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2024-02-02, 15:36

Ok, then I will try my best.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.