Eternal Google Captcha now blank

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
xissuesx
Moonbather
Moonbather

Eternal Google Captcha now blank

Unread post by xissuesx » 2024-01-17, 03:21

On 64bits latest pm, the classical idiotic & time wasting google captcha now appears blank in the resolving window
after clicking on the square .. .

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Eternal Google Captcha now blank

Unread post by Night Wing » 2024-01-17, 04:56

xissuesx wrote:
2024-01-17, 03:21
On 64bits latest pm, the classical idiotic & time wasting google captcha now appears blank in the resolving window
after clicking on the square .. .
Do you know what is idiotic and time wasting? It is when people are having some sort of problem with Pale Moon, but they never provide any helpful information for us to solve their problem. Like what you provided above or should I say, "not" provided.

You've done this on another different topic thread (Mega.nz) in this forum too. How about helping us out and providing a link to where you are having the above problem.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-01-20, 01:06

Night Wing wrote:
2024-01-17, 04:56
How about helping us out and providing a link to where you are having the above problem.
And also console output for the site, enclosed in code ( </> button in the editor) tags. But of course he will ignore the template on what information to provide, like so many others do, because it's so much more productive to go back and forth with 20 questions than provide all requested information at first.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2024-01-20, 01:29

Sometimes people just want to vent, and commiserate. :think:

Maybe not the best place to do it on a support/issue-report forum, but this is where they chose to do it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-20, 06:18

One could even say that the only reason some users are here is to vent about everything. Especially if they choose user names reflecting that... :shh:

Sorry for the snark. I'm pretty sure I can't have been the only one thinking it, though.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-01-20, 07:47

Moonchild wrote:
2024-01-20, 06:18
Sorry for the snark. I'm pretty sure I can't have been the only one thinking it, though.
Yep, this user has a history.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

xissuesx
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by xissuesx » 2024-01-21, 13:20

Not providing a link, means: "regardless of link type", affecting google captcha in all situations in pm..
google: "google captcha test" & try the first or second link to test. if nothing happens to you, then one of my usual
classic addons was affected in its functions with the latest pm. so i'll go test disabling them one by one.

printscreen.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always using latest pm version in x64, win8.

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2024-01-21, 13:27

xissuesx wrote:
2024-01-21, 13:20
Not providing a link, means: "regardless of link type", affecting google captcha in all situations in pm..
No, that doesn't mean it. This means that anyone who wants to help you will have to find some link that you tried (probably guess?), since you could not check all the links on the Internet and cannot say that the captcha does not work on all pages. In addition, for example, it’s difficult for me to remember now at least one link with a captcha, and even more so I can’t be sure that you tried it too.
Providing at least some link for testing is good form.

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2024-01-21, 13:32

xissuesx wrote:
google: "google captcha test" & try the first or second link to test.
Haven't you realized that this is a completely unnecessary action that simply wastes someone else's time, although it could have been avoided?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-21, 13:37

xissuesx wrote:
Not providing a link, means: "regardless of link type"
It means you're not providing us with steps to reproduce and no way to know what page on the 'net is causing an issue.
Troubleshooting by necessity will need as much information as possible to narrow down where the problem may be. So system information, add-ons, URL (fine to provide just an example, but we need something that you have confirmed is broken for you) - all of that is essential. Without a way to reproduce the problem we cannot fix anything (if it's ours to fix)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

xissuesx
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by xissuesx » 2024-01-21, 14:04

narrow down ? i don't know if it's possible as i can tell you it happens everywhere a captcha appears,
you can try the one i tested in the screenshot:
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo
Always using latest pm version in x64, win8.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-21, 14:08

Works for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2024-01-21, 14:21

xissuesx wrote:
2024-01-21, 14:04
narrow down ? i don't know if it's possible as i can tell you it happens everywhere a captcha appears,
Not everywhere the captcha appears, but everywhere you tried. This is probably 3-5 places out of millions.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-01-26, 02:16

5 days and counting since this thread was started, and still zero system information (or any sort of constructive information) is forthcoming. OP seems to enjoy wasting their and everyone else's time.