Cannot uninstall PaleMoon after PUP found Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kaygee46
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Cannot uninstall PaleMoon after PUP found

Unread post by kaygee46 » 2023-11-29, 12:03

I accepted an invitation today to install an update to Pale Moon and it then wouldn't open because of a "severe" malware infection. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact sequence of events or the messages given by Windows but all attempts to uninstall the program using methods found on line have met with failure. I tried reinstalling over the top but then it won't open.
How can I unintall the program so that I can re-install it? As I said every uninstall method I've found on line hasn't worked.
Ken G.
Me transmitte sursum Caledoni

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Cannot uninstall PaleMoon after PUP found

Unread post by Blacklab » 2023-11-29, 15:28

Please see Moonchild's reply from Microsoft in current topic 'Re: 35.2.1 quarantined and removed by Win 11 Defender'.

If you want to do a full 'clean slate' uninstall/reinstall of Pale Moon I would recommend using the free version of Revo Uninstaller.

Also see Moonchild's advice in 'How to completely remove and reinstall Pale Moon'.

kaygee46
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Cannot uninstall PaleMoon after PUP found

Unread post by kaygee46 » 2023-11-29, 22:01

Blacklab wrote:
2023-11-29, 15:28
I would recommend using the free version of Revo Uninstaller.
Thank you. All back to normal.
Ken G.
Me transmitte sursum Caledoni