Custom Keyboard Shortcut to Exit Palemoon?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Doctor_of_Music
New to the forum
New to the forum

Custom Keyboard Shortcut to Exit Palemoon?

Unread post by Doctor_of_Music » 2023-10-09, 17:26

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC:
Palemoon 32.4.1:
32-bit:

I'm just revisiting Palemoon after a couple of years and am finding its speed & simplicity quite refreshing. I think it has improved while I've been away...

Just one small query – I used to have a small add-on called (IIRC) 'Mac Shortcuts' which added the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Q for exiting the browser (File...Exit).

Although I use Windows I find this shortcut really useful, and where possible add it to programs which don't include it natively.

Assuming Mac Shortcuts is now long gone (compatibility issues??) I installed Dorando Keyconfig which looks promising but not being a coder (though competent with computers) I don't know how to work out the relevant key code for this shortcut, and support for Keyconfig seems to have ended.

Can anybody suggest a way of adding Ctrl+Q as a shortcut to exit the browser, either using Keyconfig or by some other means?

Many thanks ;-)

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Custom Keyboard Shortcut to Exit Palemoon?

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2023-10-10, 11:30

CODE for Dorando Keyconfig:

Code: Select all

goQuitApplication()