How To Correctly Report Website Compatibility Issue?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
credible
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

How To Correctly Report Website Compatibility Issue?

Unread post by credible » 2023-05-17, 16:34

I am not a developer and need help how to correctly report Website Compatibility Issue.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: How To Correctly Report Website Compatibility Issue?

Unread post by satrow » 2023-05-17, 16:51

credible
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by credible » 2023-05-17, 17:01

I saw it before posting, but could not understand how to provide logs.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2023-05-17, 18:54

Well, I'm not a developer either.

First search the forum for the name of the site you're having problems with, if you find one, study it to see if it's similar enough to use as a checklist to further you report-making, if it's very similar/identical, consider adding your comments/report to it.

Check through the relevant forum list for the check marks at the end of titles that indicate they're solved, some of these might have roadmaps you could use to flesh out your own report.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-05-17, 23:44

When searching, use the advanced search option and set it to search for results as topics, not posts. That way you will get only the top level topics that deal with what you're looking for instead of individual posts and thus reduce clutter.
To make it easier for future use, you can save the query string below as a quicksearch (Create a new bookmark with this link below and assign a keyword to it. I use 'pf', so if I want to find posts in the forum about Youtube I would type 'pf Youtube' in the addressbar)

Code: Select all

https://forum.palemoon.org/search.php?keywords=%s&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

credible
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by credible » 2023-05-20, 13:25

Still could not understand how to report correctly

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-20, 13:58

Have you actually tried? Or just given up right away?

You are given instructions when visiting the web compatibility board. Including in the post template.

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.

Please try and include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:

Clear any current output
Navigate or refresh the page in question
Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite