Does Pale Moon 32·1 reset the browser to show the home page at launch? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Does Pale Moon 32·1 reset the browser to show the home page at launch?

Unread post by Mæstro » 2023-03-28, 15:31

My first sign that something had changed was when I had lost my queue (a dozen pages) on launching Pale Moon some days ago. Not being able to remember most of what these were, I have come to little hurt for that. Since then, I have always got Mojeek on opening Pale Moon, not my tabs from the night before. Going into the preferences menu reveals that the setting was indeed to show my homepage on launch. I have set it back to restore my last session, as it had been before. Was this setting override meant to accompany v32·1, included by mistake or had I somehow toggled this by chance about the same time?
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Does Pale Moon 32·1 reset the browser to show the home page at launch?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-03-28, 16:40

Nothing was changed in that respect and we certainly don't just change user-set preferences.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2023-03-28, 18:14

I must have switched it by mistake, then. I would have been quite surprised if it were deliberately overridden, and was naming that for completeness. The accidental toggle was the only other reason I could suppose.
No worries: all is in order. :wave:
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-03-28, 23:18

Moonchild wrote:
2023-03-28, 16:40
we certainly don't just change user-set preferences.
And that's actually something rare these days with every software/website developer deciding they know what's best for their users and breaking things with every update. I think that's one reason many people are paranoid about upgrading PM and breaking their extensions because they're so accustomed to it happening in Chromezilla land.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX