how to disable palemoon theme dependency on system theme?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
nekto-nekovich
New to the forum
New to the forum

how to disable palemoon theme dependency on system theme?

Unread post by nekto-nekovich » 2023-03-21, 23:29

xubuntu 22.04, palemoon 32.1.0 64bit.
hello, thank you for the wonderful browser that I have been using for 7 years and love :thumbup: :clap: it very much! the only pity is that there is no way to use your favorite browser in android :cry: Unfortunately, there is a small problem:
I have a bad laptop display TN matrix, therefore, in order to less hurt my eyes, I had to apply the dark theme in the system. However, palemon follows this setup by making its theme dark as well. It is clear that this is normal behavior, but unfortunately this browser design is not pleasing to the eye, and some sites look wrong, for example, with dark margins and marks in the middle of a light page. Can you please tell me the setting so that palemoon does not react to the system theme, or setting the palemoon light/dark theme selection? :think:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: how to disable palemoon theme dependency on system theme?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-03-22, 11:46

it's not 100% clear what you mean with theme here because you are talking about page content, and themes usually apply to the browser itself.

For content, you can try to change Preferences -> tab Content -> button "Colors" -> Web Page Color Scheme to "Dark Colors" and see if that helps.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

nekto-nekovich
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by nekto-nekovich » 2023-03-22, 12:15

Moonchild wrote:
2023-03-22, 11:46
it's not 100% clear what you mean with theme here because you are talking about page content, and themes usually apply to the browser itself.

For content, you can try to change Preferences -> tab Content -> button "Colors" -> Web Page Color Scheme to "Dark Colors" and see if that helps.
I also thought that the dark mode of the palemoon design theme should not affect the pages of sites, but the screenshots show that it does in the form of dark elements. I also tried adjusting the content colors, and the screenshots also show that this does not help, and the pages look much worse :sick: I would really like to be able to customize the choice of light / dark mode for the browser theme, regardless of the system theme. in this case, it would be enough just to choose a ready-made light theme or create your own :roll:
Attachments
Снимок экрана_2023-03-22_14-57-36.png
Снимок экрана_2023-03-22_14-58-23.png
Снимок экрана_2023-03-22_15-01-38.png
Снимок экрана_2023-03-22_15-02-19.png

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-03-22, 17:21

AutoPageColor might be of help. You can manually set your preferred web page color scheme.

Off-topic:
Typing autopagecolor in the Add-ons page search box doesn't seem to find it. Strange.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2023-03-22, 22:26

back2themoon wrote:
2023-03-22, 17:21
Off-topic:
Typing autopagecolor in the Add-ons page search box doesn't seem to find it. Strange.
Off-topic:
Should be fixed now.