Tab Counter Extension

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Tab Counter Extension

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-01-29, 02:25

I was able to install this extension (see screen-shot below) on my Windows-10 laptop w/out any problems (just two days ago).

I'm now on my Windows-7 Desktop and having problems doing exactly the same thing (after the v32 update).

Extension that installed seamlessly on Windows-10:
Tab Counter add-on.png
What I currently get on Windows-7:
what I get in Win7.png
The first attempt I got a warning dialog that the website (extension) was risky to use (perhaps a certificate problem) - since it worked without any issue just 2 days ago on my Windows-10 machine w/out any warning dialog of any kind, I attempted to bypass the warning dialog -- and now all I get is what you see above.

What do I need to do to clear (avoid) this result (2nd screen-shot above) and successfully install the same extension on Window-7 that I have already successfully installed on Windows-10 just 2 days ago?

Tried clearing cookies on the add-on site.

Thanks in advance for any help....
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

sidology
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Tab Counter Extension

Unread post by sidology » 2023-01-29, 02:41

You are using outdated version of CAA on Windows 7.

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2023-01-29, 02:57

Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-01-29, 03:10

sidology wrote:
2023-01-29, 02:41
You are using outdated version of CAA on Windows 7.
Thanks for the info - that said, I give up -- I've removed my CAA v2.0.1 so now how do I install the current v2.0.3 version (I apparently am digressing in my understanding of anything as I apparently know how to install v2.0.1 :lol:

Here's where I'm at: https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2023-01-29, 03:23

Follow the link to the XPI (extension) archive on that page, and it should install automatically.
※You should not need the CAA to install the Pale Moon edition of Tab Counter, but I provide this so you can still help yourself to any add-oins from thence you might like in future.
Last edited by Mæstro on 2023-01-29, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-01-29, 03:24

TheRealMaestro wrote:
2023-01-29, 02:57
Tab Counter has a Pale Moon fork. Have you tried it?
Hmm, I was only able to find this extension in regards to tab counting: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/number-tabs/ -- which doesn't get it done placing a counter in each tab that gets incremented by 1....
That add-on you posted looked very promising (w/ the "?" in the orange box - same as the CAA that works) so I tried it - and unfortunately got this result:
promising tab-counter extension a no-go on 32.png
The one you posted: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/tab-counter/ - would get the job done if it were "compatible" w/ v32 -- but not the case unfortunately. The CAA Tab Counter works great if I had the current version of CAA.... (how to get that done is not very transparent for the not so techy)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-01-29, 03:35

TheRealMaestro wrote:
2023-01-29, 03:23
Follow the link to the XPI (extension) archive on that page, and it should install automatically.
※You should not need the CAA to install the Pale Moon edition of Tab Counter, but I provide this so you can still help yourself to any add-oins from thence you might like in future.
Using link posted got the following:
got this from link.png
found this in another tab
found this in another tab.png
went ahead and installed:
went ahead and installed.png
So I now have caa (current s 2.0.3) and I still get what you see below attempting to install the add-on (Tab Counter) that installed on Windows-10 two days ago w/out any issues.
what I get in Win7.png
... So I'm back to how do I get rid of this result above now that I am using the most current (v2.0.3) version of CAA?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-01-29, 03:45

Exited/restarted browser - clicked on "Classic Add-on Archives" button got this:
WHICH IS A VERY GOOD SIGN!
WHICH IS A VERY GOOD SIGN!
and was then able to successfully install the "Tab Counter" extension finally.... (didn't know I needed to restart browser - there was no indication this was required) Also it seems to me that I shouldn't be getting the top two dialogs (screen-shots) I included above in my previous post. The process was a tad confusing to say the least.... :? (but I'm pleased it all worked out never-the-less :thumbup:)

Thanks for all the helpful feedback (I'd still be stumped w/out all the great help :clap:)..

xlolitadabananax
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by xlolitadabananax » 2023-02-06, 02:58

Mæstro wrote:
2023-01-29, 02:57
Tab Counter has a Pale Moon fork. Have you tried it?
Gmal's not updating.. for PM32, even restart manager..