CLEO extension cannot be installed

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

CLEO extension cannot be installed

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-28, 14:54

PM 32 on Win 10

I recently reinstalled PM, updated to 32, and used a CLEOpack, made some time ago using the extension CLEO, to install my old extensions. It worked perfectly, except that CLEO itself cannot be installed, because the author cannot be identified. This extension is listed in the PM extensions site at https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/cleo/, along with its companions FEBE and OPIE. The latter two install and work fine. Only CLEO fails to install. These three extensions were all created by Chuck Baker, but he retired some time ago and no longer supports them. Can anyone help with this? Please be advised that for some reason, Classic Add-ons crashes my installation of PM 100% of the time. It installs and claims to load its database, but when I try to access a specific extension, it crashes the whole program. So I cannot seem to obtain a fresh copy from that resource.

Thank you.

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: CLEO extension cannot be installed

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-28, 15:21

UPDATE: In an OLD backup, I found a copy of CLEO that installs perfectly. If anyone else needs it, please PM me and I'll get it to you.

This does not, of course, address the problem I encountered trying to install it from the PM extensions site.

Best to all!

EDIT: Also, if The Management wants my good copy to put on the site, PM me and I'll get it to you, of course. That might fix the problem with minimal effort.