Extension List Dumper

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Extension List Dumper

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-24, 04:51

Operating system: Win 10
Browser version: 31.42 x64
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:64

I was going to post this in the Add-ons forum, but then I saw this: "Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!" So if I'm posting this in the wrong place, please let me know and/or move it, as you prefer.

I've been away for a while. There used to be an extension called Extension List Dumper 2.x, which someone modified for PM. I have a saved copy of that .xpi file, v 2.1.0.2. It seems to install okay, and its Options UI seems to work okay. It just doesn't generate a list of installed extensions, which is its purpose.

I looked on the PM Extensions page (all extensions), and this extension is no longer listed. In the past, I have found it quite useful when asking for help with certain issues, and for personal documentation. Does anyone know whether this still exists somewhere and/or how to make it work?

Thank you.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Extension List Dumper

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-01-24, 05:25

The original FF version is on the Classic Addons Archive, install it from the link and then search within it. It might work directly now since PM has returned to supporting Firefox GUIDs for extensions.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2023-01-24, 06:13

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-24, 06:39

Thank you. ON that web page, I read the instructions. It turns out that I forgot about the little icon atopp the extensions page. It's been a while! Anyway, works perfectly, thank you.

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-24, 06:43

moonbat wrote:
2023-01-24, 05:25
The original FF version is on the Classic Addons Archive, install it from the link and then search within it. It might work directly now since PM has returned to supporting Firefox GUIDs for extensions.
Hey moonbat, thank you for this suggestion. I tried installing classic add-ons extension 5 times, and each time when I tried to use it, it crashed Pale Moon while attempting to load its database. Disappointing. I notice that this extension no longer appears on the PM All Extensions page (unless the extension name has changed). Anyway, since the ELD extension is working, I'm not going to bother further with this one.

Thanks again!

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by VLMin » 2023-01-24, 06:44

PS: I did get one of those script running too long messages one of those 5 times, so maybe it's just taking "too long" to load and I could fix this by increasing the script run time allowance in about:config. I'll try that when I have a moment.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-01-24, 06:49

VLMin wrote:
2023-01-24, 06:43
I tried installing classic add-ons extension 5 times, and each time when I tried to use it, it crashed Pale Moon while attempting to load its database.
Strange, perhaps something changed in the latest version. Try installing the previous one shown on the releases page, and then let it update later. I've had it for ages and it has updated itself each time without issues.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX