Update to version 8.0: Pale Moon status bar is disabled

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Monoleap

Update to version 8.0: Pale Moon status bar is disabled

Unread post by Monoleap » 2011-11-16, 14:52

After updating to version 8, the Pale Moon status bar was automatically disabled. Is this done by design?

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Update to version 8.0: Pale Moon status bar is disabled

Unread post by satrow » 2011-11-16, 15:27

The add-ons validator was added to FX 8 by Mozilla, just enable the Pale Moon status bar from Tools > Add-ons.

The validator only runs once, on the first startup of FX/PM 8, did you see the popup for it?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-11-16, 15:50

I've taken some steps to ignore the status bar add-on in the assistant, but apparently that doesn't take for a number of people.
Since it only runs once, and since it refuses to show itself afterwards even if you flip the parameters involved, it's extremely difficult to troubleshoot for me.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Monoleap

Unread post by Monoleap » 2011-11-16, 16:15

Thanks for the replies. I saw the add-ons validator but I didn't enable it at that stage.