Pale Moon 31.4.1.1 works fine. Thank you!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tellu-white
Moon lover
Moon lover

Pale Moon 31.4.1.1 works fine. Thank you!

Unread post by tellu-white » 2022-12-01, 16:25

Topic: Pale Moon 31.4.1 does not work in Windows 7 SP1 - 32 bit
Moonchild wrote:
For the time being, grab 31.4.0 from the archive server and run that. I'll be building new win32 binaries to address this.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29140
Pale Moon 31.4.1.1 - 32-bit Windows only!
This is a rebuild of 31.4.1 for Windows 32-bit to address run-time crashes on Windows 7 32-bit on older hardware.
http://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Thank you! It works.

Pale Moon is a great browser. I'm glad you solved so quickly a problem that concerns (probably) a minority of users. I take this opportunity to thank you for the work you put into maintaining this project. Respect and all the best.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 31.4.1.1 works fine. Thank you!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-01, 20:58

tellu-white wrote:
2022-12-01, 16:25
Thank you! It works.
Thanks for also confirming.

Totally unexpected issue caused by Microsoft here. What took me the longest time was to figure out how to use the older toolchain on an updated version of the development suite since rollback was not an option (and there are no fixed version installers for the community edition of Visual Studio available) compounding the problem with bad code in Microsoft's compiler and/or run-time libraries. Working with them to get to the bottom of this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

franstam
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by franstam » 2022-12-04, 12:06

yes Moonchild rocks!!! thanks for such a great browser!!!
Off-topic:
im just wondering why microsoft would help on an issue that helps to compile software for an out of support OS that they so desperately try to kill off and end support for.
maybe its just me... :think: :crazy: :coffee:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-04, 12:46

Off-topic:
franstam wrote:
2022-12-04, 12:06
im just wondering why microsoft would help on an issue that helps to compile software for an out of support OS that they so desperately try to kill off and end support for.
They still support compiling for XP from VS2022, as well.
And as long as they support building for a certain platform, they should make sure the result doesn't crash in a clearly "Microsoft's fault" way. Tp me it just underlines the problem with firing their beta testing/QA staff...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite