Disable Update Nag Screen, without disabling check for updates

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
cirocco
New to the forum
New to the forum

Disable Update Nag Screen, without disabling check for updates

Unread post by cirocco » 2022-11-29, 16:57

Operating system: windows 10
Browser version: 31.4.0
32-bit or 64-bit browser?: 64bit

Is there any way to disable update popup, without disabling checking for updates completely?
I want to keep the browser updated, but the update popup likes to show up when I play some fast paced flash games, ruining it :)
Maybe there is some extension to show somewhere that there is an update, with an icon maybe? Or a possibility to show that update info only at palemoon start up?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Disable Update Nag Screen, without disabling check for updates

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-29, 18:00

Not at the moment, but I do plan on working on a better way to notify users of updates in the UI without popping up the update window.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-11-30, 18:47

Moonchild wrote:
2022-11-29, 18:00
Not at the moment, but I do plan on working on a better way to notify users of updates in the UI without popping up the update window.
Will the current pop-up remain behind a configuration option?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-30, 18:54

vannilla wrote:
2022-11-30, 18:47
Will the current pop-up remain behind a configuration option?
Of course I'll keep the current behaviour behind a pref. I've just got some ideas of having a navbar indicator to pop up instead if not enabling the "large window"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite