Hiding the ‘Email Image’ option from right-click menu Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Hiding the ‘Email Image’ option from right-click menu

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-11-22, 18:05

i often right-click images to save them. In the menu which appears, Grafik per E-Mail senden… (Send graphic by email) appears directly below Grafik speichern unter… (Save graphic as). My fine motor control is poor, and it often happens that, if I am trying to click the last, I accidentally select the first. This triggers Claws Mail to open and check my inbox as it always does on launch. Yesternight, I had suffered a panic attack (Angstanfall) when I was trying to avoid my inbox after a tiring day, but had accidentally opened it when browsing anime artwork and discovered a troubling message. To avoid such hazards, I would like to delete the ‘save graphic as’ option from the menu; I never send images by electronic post. How can I remove it?
Last edited by Mæstro on 2022-11-22, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Removing the ‘send graphic by email’ option from dropdown menu

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-11-22, 18:16

For English installations, the option seems to be "Email Image..." and is directly below `"Save Image As..."

(I'd never even noticed it before.)

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Removing the ‘send graphic by email’ option from dropdown menu

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-11-22, 18:18

Thank you for telling me the English names. I can state my need clearer: I would like to hide ‘Email Image…’ from the right-click menu.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Hiding the ‘Email Image’ option from right-click menu

Unread post by Blacklab » 2022-11-22, 19:15

Add this tiny one line CSS script to the 'userChrome.css' file in the 'chrome' folder in your Pale Moon profile... or add using 'Write New Style' in Lootyhoof's excellent Pale Moon extension 'Stylem 2.29':

Code: Select all

/* --- Remove 'Email Image...' from right-click Context Menu --- */
/* --- From 'cor-el' script: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1123903 --- */

#context-sendimage { display:none!important; }
Above CSS snippet happened to come from a 'cor-el' reply to a Mozilla Support question back in 2016 - (the Q&A link address is 'hashed-out' in code section above - useful habit as an aide-mémoire.) :)

Both 'cor-el' and 'jsher2000' among several who give very good answers including many excellent CSS script suggestions. 'jsher2000' has also written some very approachable guides to using CSS scripts to modify older and current Firefox... which can still be used as a guide here with caution and understanding as to how and when Pale Moon forked from Firefox... or search for older versions of jsher2000's guides via WayBackMachine.

Also worth a look at older Mozillazine posts using 'Search Boards' box top right on all Mozillazine pages e.g: https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=003258325 ... menu&sa=Go

Note: To 'hash-out' a line or multiple lines in CSS scripts you only need symbols /* before and symbols */ after... everything in between those two pairs of symbols is not actioned by the browser engine. The longer 5 symbols /* --- and --- */ used in above code block is my own long-time affectation... so I can spot titles, links and 'not-in-use' scripts more easily in larger blocks of CSS script!

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Hiding the ‘Email Image’ option from right-click menu

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-11-22, 20:15

These instructions are perfect: exhaustive, accessible and flexible. The entry is now gone. Thank you! :D