Clear History Whitelist?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
m1k3io

Clear History Whitelist?

Unread post by m1k3io » 2022-10-03, 11:12

Hello everyone. Is there a way to whitelist which history/cache gets deleted in settings? I have it set to clear cache when PM closes. I do this because I use Fatdog64 (Linux distro) which runs off of a USB stick with an encrypted save-file. I try to keep the save-file as small as possible and as you can imagine browser cache grows quickly. However, there are some sites that I would like to keep cache for. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Clear History Whitelist?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-10-03, 12:33

Disk cache is not domain-bound so there is no mechanism to selectively keep cached files for a certain domain (it would also be complicated with the way the modern web works, since many sites pull data in from other hosts and domains for CDN/etc. reasons).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

m1k3io

Re: Clear History Whitelist?

Unread post by m1k3io » 2022-10-03, 12:35

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response. :thumbup: