printing multiple pages

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
The_Ixian
New to the forum
New to the forum

printing multiple pages

Unread post by The_Ixian » 2022-10-02, 21:45

I do my banking online. the page that comes up would be more than a sigle printed page. When I try to print that out (PDF Creator) from Palemoon, only the first page is printed.

This does not happen in IE or Chromium.

I have experimented with all the print settings to no avail. No this does not happen in all webpages.

I have even saved the webpage to file and simplified it, no joy.

Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: printing multiple pages

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-10-02, 22:43

Modern websites do not tend to directly print very well unless they offer a specific "printer friendly" option.
For this purpose I use Fireshot, myself, which might work better for what you're trying to do.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2022-10-09, 19:41

I normally use Simple Screenshot to save the page as an image.

However, there is a way of persuading most pages to save as a PDF / to print, but only if you don't mind spending time on it and loosing the original formatting in the process. So for most purposes, and most people, it's just not worth it. For the other 0.1%:
  • use Web Developer's Toolkit to disable the CSS on the page; this normally allows the page the print, but at this stage it may look terrible
  • tidy the page with Zap Anything until it looks acceptable
  • maybe resize images with Bizzare
and save.

I sometimes find this worthwhile when it's a page I want to mark up (using Simple Marker) and save; it can be quicker than the alternative of editing a jpg.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

mseliger
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mseliger » 2022-10-10, 18:50

I don't know whether the option is helpful, but you may try the following:

Open about:config in the address bar.
Look for this parameter: print.use_simplify_page
Change the value from false (this is the default value) to true.
Restart Pale Moon and try printing your page.

I don't know whether this parameter can be set up in the gui of printing (i did not find it).
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Greetings
Maria
---
Ich bin ein Westfale, und zwar ein Stockwestfale, nämlich ein Münsterländer – Gott sei Dank! füge ich hinzu ...
Annette von Droste zu Hülshoff, Bei uns zu Lande auf dem Lande

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-10-11, 06:36

mseliger wrote:
2022-10-10, 18:50
I don't know whether this parameter can be set up in the gui of printing (i did not find it).
AFAICT, this is available only if you print by going through print preview first, and that the page is an "article". It uses reader mode functionality to change and simplify the page's layout. See bug #962433 for more information.