extra functionality suggested: working efficiency advice for the browser

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
pbsmile

extra functionality suggested: working efficiency advice for the browser

Unread post by pbsmile » 2022-08-12, 06:49

The browser is light weighted and robust. Although sometimes I met with issues icons mistakenly aligned when font size changes, but that's fine with me for leisure purposes. There is one feature I would really like it to have is a functionality of disabling the browsing functionality of the browser in order to improve my working efficiency. I would constantly switch back from my work and open a website to quickly browsing something and return back to my work. Somethings there is interesting stuff and I might spend a lot more time.

There are instances browser failed to work due to weird system reasons (instability of os, say), I can observe my working efficiency has been boosted quite a lot. I thus wonder whether there is a functionality built into the browser such that the internet traffic can be blocked and it cannot access any websites. After I finish my work, I can disable the functionality and back online.

If you don't want to implement the functionality, is anybody able to explain to me how one might achieve this purpose so that I can work something out myself as an addon to be installed on any browser?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: extra functionality suggested: working efficiency advice for the browser

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-08-12, 08:39

You may want to look into parental control options or similar if you need help regulating your internet use.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Wrolf
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: extra functionality suggested: working efficiency advice for the browser

Unread post by Wrolf » 2022-08-12, 11:05

What about going to the menu:
File => Work Offline
and then tick File => Work Online when needed.

Would that be relevant in this context?