Browser suddenly not maximizing? Please help!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
missgyp
New to the forum
New to the forum

Browser suddenly not maximizing? Please help!

Unread post by missgyp » 2022-08-05, 19:43

Operating system: Windows 10
Browser version: I haven't downloaded the latest update yet. So one version behind the most recent.
32-bit or 64-bit browser?: 64bit
Problem URL: Any/All
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons:
Installed plugins: (about:plugins): Flash

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):
I have tried restarting my computer, force-stopping palemoon and restarting.
I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling palemoon to no avail.
I have tried right-clicking on the icon and choosing "maximize" - No window shows up. It clearly *thinks* it is maximized, though..

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Browser suddenly not maximizing? Please help!

Unread post by Blacklab » 2022-08-06, 04:22

missgyp wrote:I have tried right-clicking on the icon and choosing "maximize" - No window shows up...
You don't say when or how this window "not maximizing" condition arose?
Suddenly... but when... any other info on how this problem began would be useful?
During a session? On normal browser start up? After some other computer, browser, update or power outage incident?

At a basic level... assume you've tried the 'Restore' option in same right-click menu in your photo? :)
Failing that... try pressing 'Alt + Tab' with Pale Moon's taskbar icon selected/highlighted.

If neither of those work then problem a little deeper...
Several possibilities to eliminate... from 'browser window moved offscreen'... to corruption of a browser store on closing?
A few suggestions to try in a previous forum post here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27515&p=221159#p221159

Off-topic:
PS. Intrigued by your 'blue squiggle' wallpaper in screensnip photo above... link or website please? :angel: