Update failed on dialog prompt

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
oxman
Moongazer
Moongazer

Update failed on dialog prompt

Unread post by oxman » 2022-06-16, 22:42

Operating system: Linux Mint 20.1
Browser version: 30.0.0
32-bit or 64-bit browser?: 64-bit
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons: Adblock latitude
Installed plugins: (about:plugins): none

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):
"The Update could not be installed(patch apply failed)"
I'm going to download the latest version and see if that will work. This is the first time I've had this problem. I attempted to update 3X when prompted by dialog box.

**PASTE troubleshooting information here**
[/hide]

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Update failed on dialog prompt

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-06-16, 22:52

Pale Moon version 30.0.0 was recalled since it had problems. People were told to revert back to the last version of Pale Moon which was 29.4.6 and making a new profile just be on the safe side. But you stayed on 30.0.0 for some months and it looks like the problems in 30.0.0 might be showing up now. This is my best guess.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Update failed on dialog prompt

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-06-16, 23:17

oxman wrote:
2022-06-16, 22:42
Browser version: 30.0.0
Yep, for problems that occur in attempting to update from 30.0.0's update prompts, the standard workaround is to download 31.1.0 and install it manually.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.