Prevent "suggestions" in input forms [SOLVED]

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lpermt
Moongazer
Moongazer

Prevent "suggestions" in input forms [SOLVED]

Unread post by lpermt » 2022-05-23, 22:25

Pale Moon 31.0.0
Linux Mint 20.3
Cinnamon 5.2.7

When I use input fields in a form to enter repeatedly new data into a database, I get a drop-down list of (autocomplete?) suggestions from previously entered data that blocks any further input until I dismiss it manually. How can I block that behavior? I have already blocked suggestions in URL and search bars, and tried to look through about:config, but I actually don't know what that "dropdown popup" is called, so it is rather hard to select likely candidates.

This is a new problem, which arose with Pale Moon 31.0.0

Thanks

-lp-
Last edited by lpermt on 2022-05-24, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Prevent "suggestions" in input forms

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2022-05-24, 01:09

Preferences > Privacy > History > Use custom settings for history > Remember search and form history

lpermt
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Prevent "suggestions" in input forms

Unread post by lpermt » 2022-05-24, 01:53

RealityRipple wrote:
2022-05-24, 01:09
Preferences > Privacy > History > Use custom settings for history > Remember search and form history
Thanks so much, it was driving me crazy...

-lp-

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Prevent "suggestions" in input forms [SOLVED]

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-24, 06:41

If you're new to the browser - explore all the settings and preferences first without changing anything. That way you will quickly get to know what all is possible and can be configured. It's the easiest way to familiarize oneself with any new software and will answer most of the surface level 'how do I do xyz' questions.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX