Lightspark 0.8.5 browser plugins for firefox

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
pcbugfixer
New to the forum
New to the forum

Lightspark 0.8.5 browser plugins for firefox

Unread post by pcbugfixer » 2022-05-22, 09:12

Operating system:Windows
Browser version:100.0.2
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:64bit
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons:
Installed plugins: (about:plugins):

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):Lightspark 0.8.5 browser plugins for firefox need the about:profiles location and be able to Create "plugins" folder. please
**PASTE troubleshooting information here**Lightspark 0.8.5 browser plugins for firefox need the about:profiles location and be able to Create "plugins" folder. please

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Lightspark 0.8.5 browser plugins for firefox

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-22, 11:51

We're not Firefox. We can't help you with a plugin path on it.
Our profile location is different. The plugin author, if they want to install the plugin in Pale Moon, will have to use any of the available recommended ways to install the plugin system-wide (e.g. by using the registry), application-wide (by using the app plugins folder) or using the profile method (by using Pale Moon profile folders)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-23, 02:39

You don't even have to bother with this crap when Pale Moon already supports the original Flash plugin. Search the forum for links to the last working version.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-23, 07:06

Oh is it one of those pseudo-flash things to have a broken&incomplete translation to canvas or what not? Yeah no need to bother with that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-23, 07:24

I saw the description. it's some attempt to implement an open source equivalent of Flash. How it's supposed to work without the NPAPI plugin framework in Firefox beats me.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-23, 07:34

moonbat wrote:
2022-05-23, 07:24
How it's supposed to work without the NPAPI plugin framework in Firefox beats me.
If it doesn't use NPAPI then it's not a plugin and will probably be an extension doing it the same way most of these do it: intercept web requests/analyze documents to see <embed> or <object> and rewrite it to an html5 canvas, then read the .swf and attempt to recreate what flash does. This would be a WebExtension and not compatible with Pale Moon.

If it does use NPAPI then there's no point in even using it when you can use a complete version of Adobe's actual plugin.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-23, 07:38

Not going to be great performance wise I guess?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-23, 12:00

moonbat wrote:
2022-05-23, 07:38
Not going to be great performance wise I guess?
Canvas does OK-ish, performance-wise, thanks to some smart use of acceleration... but it's the actionscript stuff that really causes issues.

Disil07
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Disil07 » 2022-05-24, 10:58

Their wiki instruct users to install the plugin on Pale Moon, by installing them in /plugins folder in browser profile.

I have tried this before, and it worked. I decided to delete it and just use the last working Flash plugin, because Lightspark is buggy as hell on some games that i play regularly.
Debian 12 Bookworm - KDE Plasma 5.27
Intel Celeron N5100 - 4 gigs of RAM - 256 gigs of SSD

I can barely speak english, so bear that in mind when talking to me