on palemoon, latest 64x site seloger.com doesn't work well

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

on palemoon, latest 64x site seloger.com doesn't work well

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-17, 15:00

https://www.seloger.com/annonces/locati ... o_&pvd=SLG

the arrows on the image should show different pictures like clicking in the middle..

chrome works on that site & many others with specific images & scripts

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: on palemoon, latest 64x site seloger.com doesn't work well

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-05-17, 15:27

Even after solving the puzzle so I could access the site, the site wouldn't allow me to access the site. At this time I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 31.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.3 (Una) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-17, 16:18

Hi night wing, maybe because it's geo restricted.. & you're not in france, but i find that strange cause tourists can rent homes in paris.....

here's partly what i get with inactive arrows half hidden:
Image.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-17, 17:46

The captcha service doesn't forward properly, but a refresh fixed that for me.

The issue seems to be that the css assumes implementer quirks.

The photo slider has 2 divs and 2 buttons in it, of which the lower of the 2 divs has both width and height set to 100% with overflow hidden.
The <button> elements as a result end up being of 0 height and therefore no longer interactive, because they do not have a height specified themselves (and no, a "line height" does not override an element height).

The fact that you still see half-present button images is an artefact of JavaScript changing styles and not triggering a redraw for drawing non-visible elements (a necessary performance optimization).

I see nothing wrong with the way we render this based on the CSS rules in effect. The webmaster should have a closer look at their CSS.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-17, 18:39

Hi moonchild, there seems to be nothing wrong on the palemoon code, but still some webmasters code in an imbecile way,
so if you believe something could prevent that issue in your palemoon code in next version, it would be helpful, not because
i don't want to tell the webmaster that he didn't code his html properly or there are compliance issues, but because i've seen issues
like that in some other photo showing websites & it pushes many users to sadly have chrome aside as a sad crutch for the moment.
Last edited by Aviation on 2022-05-17, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-17, 18:41

In other words a little code added to prevent us as often as possible of feeling forced to use chrome instead .. .
As if nobody can live without it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-18, 00:24

...or you can just contact the website owner. But please be nice about it and don't call them imbeciles ;-)

It's not possible for us to program workarounds for every site out there. Nor do I think it's a good idea to program all sorts of quirks and illogical things into to browser. That would be a very slippery slope :P
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-18, 01:22

it's not that webmaster & his issue that bothers me. but sadly, in the meantime, the fact that chrome will always be a browser that bypasses such issues,
so i have to open it anytime a website shows a visual error.