Importing user profile from windows to linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
suissant

Importing user profile from windows to linux

Unread post by suissant » 2022-05-16, 04:02

Operating system: Windows 7
Browser version: 31.0.0
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:64-bit
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons:Greasemonkey, Ublock Origin, Session Manager
Installed plugins: (about:plugins): Silverlight Plug-In

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):
**PASTE troubleshooting information here**
I'm migrating from windows 7 to specifically Linux Mint Cinammon Edition and I would like to know if it's possible to import all my user profile (including its extensions and bookmarks) to this new OS?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Importing user profile from windows to linux

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-16, 07:15

I suggest you use Pale Moon Sync to move data across. You should not copy your profile files across. There's another recent thread about this that tried this and ran into some pitfalls if you insist on trying to go that route.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

suissant

Re: Importing user profile from windows to linux

Unread post by suissant » 2022-05-16, 20:38

Ah okay, I'll try using the sync service then. To be honest I had forgotten that service even existed ;)