I haven't found my answer, sorry. Youtube takes time to load, yet it worked on a worse machine.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kalepf22
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: I haven't found my answer, sorry. Youtube takes time to load, yet it worked on a worse machine.

Unread post by kalepf22 » 2022-05-05, 20:02

Falna wrote:
2022-05-05, 11:23
RoestVrijStaal wrote:
2022-05-04, 16:48
OP could have a better YouTube-experience by using the MTube extension or visiting YouTube with FreeTube.
This. For me, using Mtube on Pale Moon is up to 1 second faster than accessing YouTube directly in Chrome.
RoestVrijStaal wrote:
2022-05-04, 16:48
gepus wrote:
2022-05-04, 15:19
Clearly not a YouTube link.
Did you visit that loom.com link?

That loom.com link is a link to a screencast with OP visting https://www.youtube.com and watching some videos.

OP could have a better YouTube-experience by using the MTube extension or visiting YouTube with FreeTube.
So with MTUBE the main page seems to load in 3 to 4 seconds.
As for freetube or such sites, I want to use regular youtube where I'm familiar and where I can log in to comment.

MTUBE, Theres 4 main problems, 1 questionable main problem and 2 minor issues.

1. I cant skip seconds in the video. Arrows don't do it, mouse just pauses and plays, doesn't skip and numbers don't do it either.
2. I can't highlight titles with mouse
3. I can't adjust sound under the video
4. It stops when i switch tabs.

5. I had two of the same videos open, 1 had watch?persist_app= in it's html address (dunno why, restore session maybe?) and the other had a regular youtube link without the persist thing. So at first it seemed that the persist loaded slower, because it did, i tried searching for the same video and opened it anew and it didn't lag. Yet now none of them lags. So just to throw it out there is this a coincidence or is something up?

6. The ui looks big
7. I can't use middle button to open youtube from the icon, and right click doesnt show to open new tab

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: I haven't found my answer, sorry. Youtube takes time to load, yet it worked on a worse machine.

Unread post by Moonraker » 2022-05-06, 11:40

Generally if i wish to view videos then i use the DDG built in player via their search engine.IF youtube itself is required for the small videos i watch then i use the mobile version of youtube and an extension is not required.Yes it has the issues mentioned in the above post but i am more than happy that it gives me a lighter experience rather than listening to my computer attempting to take off with the fans at high speed.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2022-05-06, 12:02

kalepf22 wrote:
2022-05-05, 20:02
MTUBE, Theres 4 main problems, 1 questionable main problem and 2 minor issues.
1. While the video is playing, double-click anywhere on the right half to jump forwards, or anywhere on the left side to jump back. Repeat for a bigger jump. By default it's 10 seconds per double-click, but - apparently - if you login you can change that in your settings.
2. Click the down arrow lower right (see below) and an info pane will open - you can copy the title from there.
YouTube.png
3. You can only use your hardware buttons to adjust the sound.
4. It does.
5. ?
6. It's the mobile version of YouTube, so the interface is designed for that
7 ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...