Issues with Gmail as of this morning

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
strugar

Issues with Gmail as of this morning

Unread post by strugar » 2011-11-14, 08:56

Hi! I have been using Pale Moon for a couple of months now, and have been very satisfied!

Though, I have issues with opening Gmail this morning - there is simply no content when I open a mail! I tried both new and old look of Gmail, tried to expand / colapse mails, reload, archive and de-archive, etc., but it hasn't helped.

In Saturday it worked fine, and I haven't changed anything in the meantime!Other browsers display mail correctly, as usual.

I run PaleMoon 7.0.1 at Win XP.

Here are screenshoots from both new and old Gmail's look; any idea what's wrong? :crazy: Thanks in advance! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Issues with Gmail as of this morning

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-11-14, 09:50

Since it worked before - I gather this is Google messing around with GMail and breaking something.

EDIT: works fine here on Pale Moon 8. This will be released within the hour to the public.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

strugar

Unread post by strugar » 2011-11-14, 10:14

Thanks for prompt reply! :) So, I'll wait to see if Google will get sober! ;) Nice to hear about PaleMoon 8, going to upgrade as soon as it's available!

swerber

Unread post by swerber » 2011-11-14, 17:27

I upgraded to PM 8 this morning, still getting the same Gmail problem noted above. Tried Gmail on IE and it worked fine.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2011-11-14, 17:53

Gmail's working fine for me on PM8, both with the new and old look versions.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-11-14, 19:38

Try logging out of your Google account, then clearing you cache and cookies - GMail can be finnicky like that sometimes.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2011-11-15, 08:51

Same problem here. Again I thought it must be because of Pale Moon but found out that Adblock Plus (Fanboy's filter) was causing it. http://forums.fanboy.co.nz/forums/viewt ... cdf843bfb7
Seems it has already been discussed and should be fixed now. Update filters if you have Fanboy's..

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-11-15, 09:31

Thanks for the heads up and info, jumba!