Cannot compete/submit some online forms

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Cannot compete/submit some online forms

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-01-14, 12:09

Hi, I've been using Palemoon for some years without any significant problems but recently I have noticed that some online forms will refuse to complete - ie. the submit / next / continue button will be completely unresponsive. I've seen this on DVLC and a number of NHS sites and tripped over it again today on by Bank website (Santander). In every case switching browser to Chrome (which I detest) or Firefox (which I dislike) allows me to enter the form correctly.

I have a Java platform plugin and a VLC plugin. The only extension is Adblock Latitude but that is disabled as nowadays I use PiHole.

It is difficult to give examples which can be tested by others as all these occurances are within my login so some other site. I did wonder if there could be an incompatibility with some sort of website builder software. Any advice would be appreciated. If there is further info I can provide I will do so.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Cannot compete/submit some online forms

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-01-14, 18:01

I think the bank is being tracked already in another thread. Not sure about the others you mentioned.
Anyway, if you search the forum for the website you are having trouble with you should be able to find something. Normally if it's a famous site there's a high chance someone reported it already and someone else might have found the issue.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Cannot compete/submit some online forms

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-01-15, 01:42

If you don't find an existing thread for the sites you mention, please create separate threads for each site you have a problem with in the website compatibility board, mentioning the site in the title. This one is for problems affecting the browser itself like crashes or slow downs.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX