PM configure help in BSPWM window manager

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gychang

PM configure help in BSPWM window manager

Unread post by gychang » 2022-01-08, 15:43

I need help in proper configuration of PM to start in desktop 1 when I fire up the linux BSPWM window manager on my PC. Normally to pin the PM to desktop 1 on boot code bspc rule -a Pale moon desktop='^1' follow=on is needed in bspwmrc file. Replacing of Pale moon desktop to Palemoon desktop, or palemoon desktop does not work. I realize this is a particular problem in bspwm but no response so far from their forum. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: PM configure help in BSPWM window manager

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2022-01-08, 16:34

Sorry I do not know bspwm. With fvwm what you say is possible (I keep Pale Moon in the second desk of 7). So I suppose is a wm issue.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)