Somehow Paid Account - No bookmarks.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
warrennotes

Somehow Paid Account - No bookmarks.

Unread post by warrennotes » 2022-01-08, 05:58

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and have a paid (lifetime) account. I was able to access the account I set up some time ago recently. As far as I know, there was no synch, so I doubt there's anything on the server that will help me. Tonight when I went on, there was an "allow program to make changes to this computer." Thinking it was related to an update, I clicked on it. Probably dumb. Anyway - I am no longer able to access my account, which had many bookmarks on the webpage and others I'd downloaded and hoped to load there. Whenever I enter what I think was my username and password, all I get is a basic, unpaid account.

Any tips on this? I seem helpless in being able to get back what I had. Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Somehow Paid Account - No bookmarks.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-08, 09:28

I'm not entirely sure what account you are talking about.
Is this for the start portal? If so, please be aware that that is run by our partner start.me and we can't help you with any service-related or account issues here.
Please contact their support department. https://support.start.me/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

warrennotes

Unread post by warrennotes » 2022-01-10, 04:12

I'm not sure that's all of it, though. Why isn't my status shown as premium? I have a bad feeling that I may have somehow set up more than one account - because I definitely should be shown as a premium subscriber. And in that case - what I'm seeing on start.me would be what ANY user who hasn't added any bookmarks yet would see.

Can you check my account and see if the bookmarks are still there?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-10, 12:42

I don't think you have read my previous reply.
Please go read it again. We can't help you with what is provided by start.me - that is a third party provider with their own helpdesk. Please go there!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite