trying to install addons but their pages only offer to go to palemoon main page?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
projectfear22

trying to install addons but their pages only offer to go to palemoon main page?

Unread post by projectfear22 » 2021-11-25, 23:00

Heya. I did a fresh reinstall of my windows and now i have to adjust palemoon how I want again. So all I need is the LittleMoon theme and Adblock Latitude. But there are no install or download options this time? why?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: trying to install addons but their pages only offer to go to palemoon main page?

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-11-25, 23:12

Obsolete versions of Pale Moon are blocked from the addons page. Update to the latest version and stop clinging onto long dead Firefox only addons if that's the reason you're not upgrading. The popular ones have been already forked for Pale Moon, or there are other equivalents, and failing that there's plenty of instructions on how to fix the targetApplication of an addon to target Pale Moon (which is no guarantee it will suffice to work forever).
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: trying to install addons but their pages only offer to go to palemoon main page?

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-11-25, 23:14

See posts here, here and here.

It's probably due to using either an older version of the browser, or else a non-official variant.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-25, 23:45

v28.13.0 is certainly no longer supported in any way shape or form.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite