Problem with unresponsive links

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Froog21

Problem with unresponsive links

Unread post by Froog21 » 2021-11-15, 12:13

I'm trying to log in to my account on this site with Pale Moon browser:
https://depositphotos.com/login.html

None of the login links respond for me in Pale Moon, but they do work in Firefox.
I never had a problem with this site before but I normally stay logged in so this login page is one I hadn't encountered before today.
I've tried disabling Adblock and popup blocker but the links still do nothing.
Is there some other setting I can change?

I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything related.
Grateful for any help, as I'd really prefer to keep using the site in Pale Moon rather than FF. Thanks.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Problem with unresponsive links

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2021-11-15, 13:15

Well I just checked it real quick and the 'image type' links seem to be j/s only, which I'm just assuming because there is no text displayed on the status bar when 'hovering', but the last link - Not Registered? Create Account! is a real link and its' page displays this link - Already have an account? Log In - https://depositphotos.com/login.html. So I was going to suggest you try that way, but I tested it and that link just lead back to the login page that is the original source of this issue. Try disabling javascript in PM and reload the page and try it that way. I don't have the time or inclination to try it right now. Good luck.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-11-15, 13:56

Error console:

Code: Select all

Error: SyntaxError: invalid identity escape in regular expression
Source File: https://webst.depositphotos.com/_js/router.js?9b38d65ae45298ab4917
Line: 1, Column: 180149
Source Code:
e.localizedTitles[t]||e.title;let a=r.toLowerCase().replace(/[^\p{L}]/gu,"-").replace(/[-]+/g,"-").replace(/^-+|-+$/g,""
AFAIK: issues 1800, 1675
invalid identity escape in regular expression (forum search)

@Froog21,
It might be possible to sign in by turning off page styles on the login page and using the input boxes that then appear.
( View menu (Menu bar only) -> Page Style -> No Style )

And please contact them about this as well.

Froog21

Unread post by Froog21 » 2021-11-15, 17:37

Unfortunately neither of those suggestions worked.

Turning off javascript had no effect. And after turning off the page styles and entering the login details in the boxes the submit button just reloads the page and doesn't log me in.

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look and for the suggestions anyway, but it looks like I'll have to move to FF for that site unfortunately.

Froog21

Unread post by Froog21 » 2021-11-15, 17:52

I also just contacted them about this.
They told me to get an up to date browser..... :roll: