Solved -> Remove PaleMoonPortableBeta folder irrevocably?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Solved -> Remove PaleMoonPortableBeta folder irrevocably?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-10-26, 14:59

I copied and pasted a version from a machine that never had the portable beta. The problem has been solved.

I would have deleted the thread, but I was told it isn't allowed.
-----------------------------------------------
Original posting
-----------------------------------------------
I've searched the Forum but didn't find anything that helped. I've also read the thread "How to completely remove and reinstall Pale Moon", but it's locked and and doesn't really address my issue since I was using the unstable portable version.

When the unstable public distribution was ended, I wanted to get rid of the version and simply deleted the folder PaleMoonPortableBeta.

I just noticed today that the folder is still there, but it only contains a subfolder called User, which in turn contains a couple of other subfolders. It's not my "real" User folder with my profile, etc.

How can I completely remove the PaleMoonPortableBeta folder and keep it from coming back?

Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version