[Linux] Robotic/distorted audio in video with Media Source Extensions

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WondrousWalrus

[Linux] Robotic/distorted audio in video with Media Source Extensions

Unread post by WondrousWalrus » 2021-10-02, 07:53

Hi,

I've been having some issues with audio for the last few builds now. As mentioned in the title, playing embedded videos with codecs such as MP4, I get distorted, slow, robotic audio playback. Turning Media Source Extensions off fixes this, but whatever fallback sites will then use often plays poorly, and increasingly sites do not have a fallback at all, meaning no video. As such, I'm hoping someone here can suggest some method of getting MSE audio playback working again.

I'm on Pale Moon 29.4.1, built on Manjaro Linux from their repositories on my desktop, and on my laptop on Pop OS I'm using the Ubuntu builds by Steve Pusser. I've also tried the tarball release direct from the Pale Moon site, and a fresh profile/safe mode on all copies of the application. No differences between any of those as far as I can see. Playback works in Firefox and Chromium, for whatever that's worth.

Appreciate any assistance anyone is able to provide.

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: [Linux] Robotic/distorted audio in video with Media Source Extensions

Unread post by unknownone » 2021-10-16, 08:24

I'm also experiencing this issue with the videos embedded in Twitter with Palemoon 29.4.1 under Ubuntu 20.04

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-10-16, 10:14

We need the exact link's address to where the imbedded videos are, which are having audio problems, so we can actually click on them to see where the problem is for that video.

Saying "some videos on sites have distorted audio" or "some imbedded videos on Twitter" where the audio is distorted" is just a generic description..................is no help, information wise, at all.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2021-10-18, 07:40

Night Wing wrote:
2021-10-16, 10:14
We need the exact link's address to where the imbedded videos are, which are having audio problems, so we can actually click on them to see where the problem is for that video.

Saying "some videos on sites have distorted audio" or "some imbedded videos on Twitter" where the audio is distorted" is just a generic description..................is no help, information wise, at all.
You are right, sorry, I'll provide a link next time I'll stumble upon a video that shows this issue on Twitter.

Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2021-10-26, 06:54

I have the same issue in all Xvideos.com videos, using Manjaro and an AMD ryzen 3500u zen+, 5.6GB RAM DDR4, Pale Moon 64bit Tarball. Sound is robotic (especially voices). As the problem arise in any xvideos video link that i've tried, i will not give any specific video link.