autofullscreen without F11 or user event

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
CrisCPR

autofullscreen without F11 or user event

Unread post by CrisCPR » 2021-09-30, 09:16

Hello. How do I open a web page automatically in full screen mode?
I am looking for a solution to open an web page automatically in full screen mode, without expecting user to press F11 or any other browser-specifc key.
I've searched a lot, but I just could not find a solution.
Is there a script or library or browser specific API available to help me achieve this?
Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: autofullscreen without F11 or user event

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-30, 10:26

It would probably be possible with an extension but by default this isn't available for the rather obvious risk of spoofing a browser UI in full-screen content which is a security risk.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2021-10-01, 18:00

Maybe what you are asking for is "kiosk" mode, which prevents a user from leaving the full screen browser, and is not supported by Pale Moon.

Firefox only added it a couple years ago after maybe eighteen years of requests...

CrisCPR

Unread post by CrisCPR » 2021-10-03, 18:44

Yes, thanks for the answer, that was exactly what I was looking for. Finally I have been able to do it at linux startup with a .sh file that executes palemoon in full screen with the parameters used by firefox.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2021-10-06, 18:21

I didn't know Pale Moon supported that mode! Can you share the command?

I know Firefox disables the user's ability to use key combos to get out of that mode in a kiosk session, such as switching apps or killing the brower.