Pale moon facebook problem (and a paypal hick up as well) Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
porotikos
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Pale moon facebook problem (and a paypal hick up as well)

Unread post by porotikos » 2021-09-29, 07:24

Hello there.
I have been using pale moon for many many years and i absolutely love it.
Yes there are always certain times that something fails and makes me think if i should change browser, but in the end i always find workarounds and yet still here i am.
So, in simple words i am addicted to it.

Unfortunately this is one of the times that i am starting to get really irritated and i thought id post here to try and get some help for my problem.
I know most times the problem is the user himself lol.

Let me start describing my problem.
It has to do with facebook.
Facebook response is really slow overall. clicking a photo, etc takes longer than in any other browser. really really slow response.
But the real problem, is when i try to write a comment.
2 things can happen. i can type whatever i want, but nothing happens. it is like i dont press any keys. or when i type, all of a sudden the cursor jumps to the start of teh sentence and i start to write from right to left. like the arabs. it is really messed up.
This happens only to facebook. not the messenger of facebook. i can type messages fine. this happens only in facebook.

another minor inconvenience is that whenever iwant to log in to paypal, i need to authenticate myself in the paypal app. every single time. this happens only in paypal. does this have to do with some security pale moon is lacking? can i get pass this?

this facebook problem is really frustrating. i hope you can help guys.

i am running windows 10 x64 on a real fast pc with 16gb of ram.
problem persists even if i disable all my addons. (which arent that many and they are all official pale moon addons).

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD TRY, ARE REALLY APPRECIATED

thank you

ps. in order to avoid starting a new thread, is there a plugin that really works well, that can translate a page without opening it in a new tab like the pale moon add? because if teh page requires log in, this doesnt work.
i would like an addon that works like in chrome.
for example open amazon and click a button that translates to english and all is done automatically, and the page is still usable.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale moon facebook problem (and a paypal hick up as well)

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-29, 08:32

My suggestion like the last post is to use Chrome.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-09-29, 09:06

The PayPal thing is how the site operates.
In addition to the basic credentials it also needs a second factor to authenticate you.
I had it set up to talk with an application on my mobile device that generates codes recognized by PayPal to log in.
It's not really different than using the PayPal application, but the one I'm using can be "recycled" and used for sites with similar authentication methods. :angel:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-29, 10:57

Re: PayPal

Second-factor authentication is usually requested when you prevent PayPal from positively determining from browser data that you are the same person/device as the last time. This can happen due to your IP address, IP reputation (i.e. VPN and the likes), strict privacy settings etc. Pale Moon has no issue normally logging in with a password without 2nd factor auth; i do this on an extremely regular basis from my desktop without being asked for 2nd factor auth. So no, your thought it would somehow be missing essential security features is not correct.
Off-topic:
porotikos wrote:
2021-09-29, 07:24
ps. in order to avoid starting a new thread
Start a new thread for unrelated questions/discussions. That in order to avoid confusion and impossible discussion mixing multiple topics into one thread. Spending those 5 extra seconds clicking a few buttons to make a new thread saves everyone headaches down the road.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

porotikos
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by porotikos » 2021-09-29, 10:59

Thank you all so much