opening a Teams meeting from Google Calendar doesn't open Teams

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
disconect

opening a Teams meeting from Google Calendar doesn't open Teams

Unread post by disconect » 2021-09-14, 23:01

I've searched for threads about Teams, but they mostly seem to be people struggling to get the web version of Teams to work in Pale Moon, and that's not what I'm trying to do. I use the Teams application on Windows 10 and Google Calendar, and when I have a link for a Teams meeting in Google Calendar, clicking the link to join the Teams meeting should open the meeting in Teams, but instead it takes me to a page that gives me the choice to download Teams for Windows, open the web version in Edge, or a box that says "Already have the Teams app? Try opening it again" and clicking that reloads the page but does not take me to Teams. Clicking the link from Google Calendar in Edge will start Teams as expected.

I think this is just a case of Pale Moon not knowing how to process the Teams links. Is there something I can do on the Applications tab of preferences to get it to open these links properly, or anything else I can do? Thanks for your help.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: opening a Teams meeting from Google Calendar doesn't open Teams

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-09-17, 13:07

Provide a sample link of whatever Teams meeting you're trying to open. Even if we can't access the meeting, it will help to observe behavior.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX