Suggest you update messages.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
cosmo666

Suggest you update messages.

Unread post by cosmo666 » 2021-07-23, 02:08

Is there a way to turn-off messages suggesting I update my current version of PaleMoon?
I prefer to decide when I want to update my version, even if the development team believes its 'urgent' that I do so.
Unfortunately, the way these reminders are currently configured, unless I a) notice that I'm getting one of these messages,
and b) notice that the default response to the question is preset to 'Yes', I may (as I have twice in the last few weeks)
find that I'm stuck doing the update, either right away, or upon the next re-start of Pale Moon.

One of the reasons I've been such a big supporter of Pale Moon is because the developers have always respected the right of their users to choose when and/or whether configuration changes happen, unlike Mozilla (and many others) who presume the right to disable add-ons and sundry other 'distro-admin prerogatives' whenever they please. This may seem like a minor complaint to some. To me, it matters.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Suggest you update messages.

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-07-23, 02:13

cosmo666 wrote:
2021-07-23, 02:08
Is there a way to turn-off messages suggesting I update my current version of PaleMoon?
Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Update > Never check for updates
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Suggest you update messages.

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-23, 05:42

I hope you never have an issue cause we won't help you if that is your choice.