pale moon blank pages

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
thebaz

pale moon blank pages

Unread post by thebaz » 2021-07-17, 12:24

I am having a bit of trouble with Pale Moon in the last few days. When I go to https://wetransfer.com/ and try to log in, I get a black page, same with https://services.planningcenteronline.com.
They work fine in other browsers but not in Pale Moon where they used to work fine. Also I cannot comment to facebook posts as the cursor goes to the start of the text all the time and also double types, (LikeLike bookbook) I have the latest version and have tried clearing cache, restart PC, (win 10 pro, Dell Opiplex 9020), and disabled add-on and nothing changes.
Facebook also seems to work fine in other browsers. (Microsoft Edge)

Any help would be appreciated.

Baz

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: pale moon blank pages

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-17, 12:31

Moved here because not following the web compatibility board rules and lumping multiple things together in a single post.

Both sites work for me, see screenshots.

Facebook: search the forum, it's a known issue and behaviour keeps changing on FB.
Attachments
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #281 - 'Planning Center - Login' - login_planningcenteronline_com_login_new_return=Services%2Fdashboard.jpg
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #282 - 'WeTransfer' - wetransfer_com.jpg
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2021-07-17, 13:00

thanks for the reply,
sorry I thought they were related which is why I listed all those things in the one post. If those sites work for you and they work for me on other browsers, do you have any idea where my problem may be. It has only just started happening.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-17, 13:02

Well since I can't guess at anything I can't reproduce myself, then.. well.. all I can do is give a few pointers where to look yourself.
Did you change anything recently? installed extensions, changed antivirus, etc.? Are you using an adblocker that might cause a problem?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2021-07-17, 13:19

I have just tried this on another computer also with Pale Moon on it and the same thing happens on that one. It is only when you try to log in that you get a blank screen. On the desktop PC it must have logged in automatically and got a blank screen straight away whereas on the laptop I got the same screen you got till I logged in. Wetransfer also goes to an almost blank screen on both computers when you hit the log in button. I am guessing that it is something that has changed in the websites I am accessing rather than a Pale moon problem per se. as the Laptop is Pale Moon V 28.14.2
I would be interested if you can get https://wetransfer.com/ to get to the log in prompts after hitting the log in button.

No new virus programs, nothing that I can think of has been changed.
Last edited by thebaz on 2021-07-17, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2021-07-17, 13:24

I have adblock latitude 5.0.8 and disabling it has no change

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-07-17, 14:48

Multiple errors on the login page - 'Window.origin is undefined'.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-17, 15:21

WindowOrWorkerGlobalScope.origin

Experimental

This is an experimental technology
Bottom line: don't rely on experiments.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-07-21, 08:25

Moonchild wrote:
2021-07-17, 15:21
Bottom line: don't rely on experiments.
How else will web developers keep themselves employed?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-21, 08:49

moonbat wrote:
2021-07-21, 08:25
How else will web developers keep themselves employed?
By delivering quality.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-07-21, 09:09

Used to be that websites stayed the same except when adding new content, but no, we have to play with every experimental draft toy that Chrome introduces to keep ourselves employed. :roll: