Long delays and excessive captchas on increasing number of sites.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kendrick

Long delays and excessive captchas on increasing number of sites.

Unread post by kendrick » 2021-07-11, 16:30

I have seen this a lot in the past 2-4 months Facebook is the worst at it amazon is bad some times. and we run across a smattering of sites that just dont load right like it is waiting on content. switch to chrome and it works no issues. the captcha have been getting worse as well. some sites for the past year or so have taken about 1-2 min to open the CAPTCHA window and are now much longer and more sites take a long time to load. ironically palemoon's site loaded right away. I would not be surprised if they are doing something stupid in the background or it may be a different provider but it gets annoying. I also notice that i have to go through 2-3 screens where opening on chrome takes 1 set of captcha. v29,2,1 has not helped at all.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Re: Long delays and excessive captchas on increasing number of sites.

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2021-07-16, 18:34

Is this a question or just a complaint about the sites loading more and more crap?

Are you using an ad-blocker, Ghostery, and/or host file to cut down on that junk? I can't imagine what the web would look like without those...actually, I don't have to--I own a copy of the movie "Idiocracy".

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Long delays and excessive captchas on increasing number of sites.

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-16, 20:06

It is another case of not searching the forum.