Facebook comments type backwards.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Facebook comments type backwards.

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-06-15, 14:50

Apparently Facebook had this issue 4 years ago (according to their support forum*) and it seems it is back. I've texted this on Windows and Linux, both with the latest Pale Moon version (29.2.1 64-bit).
When typing a comment in a group reply for example, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the text area after each key press, causing the text to be typed backwards.

I've turned off my one extension and it still persists.
I have cleared my local cache as suggested by the link below as well with no improvement.

Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping for partners in misery here.

*https://www.facebook.com/help/community ... 2896519451
Last edited by BenFenner on 2021-06-15, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Facebook comments type backwards.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-15, 14:54

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-06-15, 14:56

I searched DuckDuckGo, but forgot to search the forum. :(

Looks like I'll report the issue to Facebook and see what happens.

Dgwphotos

Unread post by Dgwphotos » 2021-06-16, 03:19

BenFenner wrote:
2021-06-15, 14:50
Apparently Facebook had this issue 4 years ago (according to their support forum*) and it seems it is back. I've texted this on Windows and Linux, both with the latest Pale Moon version (29.2.1 64-bit).
When typing a comment in a group reply for example, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the text area after each key press, causing the text to be typed backwards.

I've turned off my one extension and it still persists.
I have cleared my local cache as suggested by the link below as well with no improvement.

Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping for partners in misery here.

*https://www.facebook.com/help/community ... 2896519451
Nope, you're not alone. Copy paste works fine, though, so you could use a text document to create a comment, then copy and paste that.