How to change the font color in web console? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
emigrant

How to change the font color in web console?

Unread post by emigrant » 2021-06-15, 03:23

Hello everyone,

is there an easy way to change the color of the console.log output? I can't read this orange very well on my monitor.

In the forum I have found only this topic on the subject. There is a webconsole.css mentioned there. However, I didn't want to create an extra theme right now.

Thank you for reading.

:wave:

emigrant

Re: How to change the font color in web console?

Unread post by emigrant » 2021-06-26, 12:13

Since no one answered, I guess there is no easy solution to my question.

Is there perhaps a more elaborate solution? Somewhere the text color has to be set.

seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-26, 22:02

emigrant wrote:
2021-06-15, 03:23
I can't read this orange very well on my monitor.
I'm not so sure what you mean — The console.log output should be light blue and red
Pale Moon console.png
Anyway I look forward to the upcoming dark theme in Pale Moon v29.3.0. That may solve your problem.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2021-06-26, 22:16

If you're the one making the log outputs, you can control coloring with:

Code: Select all

console.log('%cWhite text on a black background', 'background: #000000; color: #FFFFFF');
Otherwise, I think you're gonna want to use userChrome.css to provide directives for "#devtools-webconsole .theme-body" to change the color and background-color, and then additional directives for things like ".console-string", ".learn-more-link", and ".message[severity="error"]".

emigrant

Unread post by emigrant » 2021-06-27, 01:32

seadragon wrote:
2021-06-26, 22:02
I'm not so sure what you mean — The console.log output should be light blue and red
Anyway I look forward to the upcoming dark theme in Pale Moon v29.3.0. That may solve your problem.
The console.log output looks like this for me even without add-ons installed.
console.png
So far, I'm not a big fan of dark themes. No matter in which program. But maybe that will change with Pale Moon.

emigrant

Unread post by emigrant » 2021-06-27, 01:50

RealityRipple wrote:
2021-06-26, 22:16
If you're the one making the log outputs, you can control coloring with:

Code: Select all

console.log('%cWhite text on a black background', 'background: #000000; color: #FFFFFF');
Yes, I am. This is the simple solution I was looking for. Learned something again.

Thank you very much.