Dark reader for palemoon? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Dark reader for palemoon?

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-03, 23:02

Hello all! ^_^
I was wondering if there was any support for dark reader or another add-on like it? dark reader
I know theres autopagecolor, but that one does not change the pages to entirely white text on black background. I'd love to see any palemoon alternatives since I'm pretty sure there's no way to put modern firefox extensions onto palemoon, only legacy ones. Thanks! ^_^

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Dark reader for palemoon?

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-05, 09:28

Autopagecolor simply tells websites that offer light/dark color themes which theme to use based on your local time of day - it will have no effects on sites that don't support color themes since it does not modify web pages.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-05, 23:42

oh!! thats cool but is there any program that does modify webpages ?
and is there an option for autopagecolor have dark pages at any time of the day?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-06, 09:09

roavaldamjong wrote:
2021-06-05, 23:42
is there an option for autopagecolor have dark pages at any time of the day?
You don't need an extension for that. Just set the dark option in your preferences!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-06, 09:25

JustOff's Advanced Night Mode, a fork of a Firefox extension, exists. There is zero automation since he didn't give a crap about implementing it when I suggested it, so you will have to manually toggle it for the entire browser, or set exceptions for individual sites. By its nature since it directly applies custom CSS to websites, some of them may not display properly so you'll have to tweak their settings.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-06, 22:53

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-06, 09:09
You don't need an extension for that. Just set the dark option in your preferences!
That's great! thanks so much! :) I did that, but still am trying to put advanced dark mode on to get the archaic pages without dark modes innate to them haha
moonbat wrote:
2021-06-06, 09:25
JustOff's Advanced Night Mode, a fork of a Firefox extension, exists. There is zero automation since he didn't give a crap about implementing it when I suggested it, so you will have to manually toggle it for the entire browser, or set exceptions for individual sites. By its nature since it directly applies custom CSS to websites, some of them may not display properly so you'll have to tweak their settings.
I am a super technology noob. the only addon ive put on my browser through github was goodtwitter2, and that was through greasemonkey! and i looked it up and only got threads of extensions through github without any explanation as to how to install them, so, how do i get an add-on installed through github? I'm not seeing any .xpi files like i used to install UBO
lover of all things aero!
graphic design hobbyist who is sick of flat UIs.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-06-07, 00:52

roavaldamjong wrote:
2021-06-06, 22:53
I'm not seeing any .xpi files
Links to the releases page appear here:
anm.png
Click on .xpi to install:
anm-releases.png

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-07, 03:04

coffeebreak wrote:
2021-06-07, 00:52
Links to the releases page appear here:
anm.png
Click on .xpi to install:
anm-releases.png
That did it!! Thanks so much! :)
You guys are great, thanks so much for making my move to palemoon easier! :D
lover of all things aero!
graphic design hobbyist who is sick of flat UIs.