Linuxmint x64: trying to revert to previous non-xul version

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
henry123

Linuxmint x64: trying to revert to previous non-xul version

Unread post by henry123 » 2021-05-18, 07:28

I am using Pale Moon Browser in order to run the Digital Pali Reader extension, which no longer runs due to the changes intruduced by the XUL (or whatever its called) extension/addon protocol. I automatically updated Pale Moon to t he latest version, and DPR extension has been disabled.

I NEED to go back.

So I deleted the palemoon directory, and deleted every reference, directory, and file I could find regarding palemoon or palemoon productions, then re-installed a previous version, 27.x I believe it was.

But when I booted Palemoon the 'about" page reports version 29.2 and my DPR extensions are disabled. So I downloaded V28x from your archive website, and deleted all moonchild production directories, which I thought would also delete the profiles. But no: Help > About still says this is version 29.x and DPR is disabled.

{*}How do I let Pale Moon Browser know it is really, truly, version 28.x (just downloaded from your archive directory)? --so that the DPR extension will work?

thx

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Linuxmint x64: trying to revert to previous non-xul version

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-05-18, 12:25

How did you reinstall 27.x version?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Linuxmint x64: trying to revert to previous non-xul version

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-18, 12:57

Incorrectly it seems. Sorry we do not offer support for ancient versions like Tycho.