Resizing youtube videos back and forth from normal to full screen very slow

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
djgpp

Resizing youtube videos back and forth from normal to full screen very slow

Unread post by djgpp » 2021-05-16, 06:46

It will finally work but it's slow. It takes seconds to actually resize itself to the correct size. Other browsers don't suffer from this problem.

p/s: it's Pale Moon on MX Linux.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Resizing youtube videos back and forth from normal to full screen very slow

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-16, 07:14

Then use other browsers. There is more to the web let alone the internet than YouTube.

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-05-16, 10:31

This doesn't happen when the video is embedded in another site. I suspect this is due to the "responsive" bullshit being used by YouTube.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-16, 11:12

It is also slow even on Chredge, although not -as- slow. So this looks like a deliberate delay that just happens to pass quicker on Blink.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-05-16, 11:40

Since the OP is using MX Linux and I'm using Linux Mint, I thought I would do a comparison using Pale Moon and Firefox since I spend a lot of time on YouTube using full screen mode.

This desktop computer I'm using to type this post is eleven years old now with 16 GB of memory in it, an old Intel i7 processor with a processor speed of 2.80 with an old AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card. My download speed is around 324 Mbps from Comcast which is my ISP and I live in a small rural town in southeast Texas.

In Mint, Firefox is the default browser. I use Pale Moon as my default browser in Mint.

When going from full screen mode and back again using Pale Moon, it takes about one second of time. When going from full screen mode and back again using Firefox, it takes about a quarter of a second.

I am not going to quibble/complain about three quarters of a second slower in time when using Pale Moon for full screen mode and back again in YouTube when compared to Firefox. As far as I am concerned, I'd quibble/complain if going from full screen mode and back again, didn't work at all in Pale Moon. But since Pale Moon works for me in YouTube, I'm a happy camper.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox