PaleMoon not playing livestreams on certain pages

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WilPale

PaleMoon not playing livestreams on certain pages

Unread post by WilPale » 2021-05-04, 10:09

Hello!
A long time ago I reported problems with videos on tvthek.orf.at. They are here again, although looking slightly different now.
Some (not all!) livestreams on https://tvthek.orf.at/live do not start. All I see is a picture like that:
Livestrems error.png
(hope this does display correctly).
Clicking on the arrow only starts a rotating "please wait" sign.
If I use FireFox on the same page, an error message is displayed, stating that automatic video start is disabled by the browser, If I click ok, the video starts anyway. And in the FireFox preference the autormatic video start can be enabled for this specific page and there are no further problems.
So I guess that the problems in PaleMoon are also connected with automatic video start - but how can I solve these problems?

Thanks for all advices!

BTW: I'm using PaleMoon versions 28.17 and 29.02 64-bit on Windows 7. Same behaviour in both versions.