Cancelling an Upgrade on Restart

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
OmegaPaladin
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Cancelling an Upgrade on Restart

Unread post by OmegaPaladin » 2021-05-02, 09:26

I had selected to upgrade my browser on restart, but I have not restarted my browser. I still need functionality from two extensions with no Pale Moon equivalents. How do I cancel this update on restart?

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Cancelling an Upgrade on Restart

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-05-02, 09:29

As I know on Windows it prompts for UAC, so you may click no there to avoid that the update can be installed.

Also I recommend backing up your profile at its current state, so you can install 29.1.x and use your old profile if you still need it.
Please be aware that this can only be a temporary solution.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-05-02, 09:45

Pentium4User wrote:
2021-05-02, 09:29
Also I recommend backing up your profile at its current state
Exit from Pale Moon completely before backing up profile or it won't be possible due to files being in use.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

MadRocker

Unread post by MadRocker » 2021-05-02, 17:37

As per your topic of restarting the BROWSER.
Only option is to let the update finish, then uninstall Palemoon and reinstall the last version / lower than 29.2.0 version of Palemoon.

Nothing to do with UAC / windows and pc restart = false answers given.

The /user/AppData/ local and roaming ... " Moonchild Productions " in both folders can be copied out and used to paste into the same areas and when you reinstall Palemoon it auto picks up everything in there / bookmarks / plugins etc.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-02, 20:14

MadRocker wrote:
2021-05-02, 17:37
Nothing to do with UAC / windows and pc restart = false answers given.
Unless you have disabled the UAC prompt, cancelling the UAC prompt will prevent the update from being installed.
So that's certainly not a false answer given (which can be interpreted as calling people a liar... I'm hoping you didn't intend to do that).
So dial that assertion knob back a little, please.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite