Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lassar
Moon lover
Moon lover

Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1

Unread post by Lassar » 2021-04-28, 06:11

On the update, You did not give me any warning about the extensions.

One of the reasons I went to Pale Moon is because of the extensions.

This really bugs me!

Pale Moon disabled 14 of my 18 extensions!

Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1?

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-04-28, 06:15

You can find a working copy of 29.1.1 at http://archive.palemoon.org/palemoon/29.x/29.1.1/.

You backed up your profile, right? If not, then you're screwed unfortunately. You have to create a new fresh profile for 29.1.1.

You might want to paste which Firefox-only extensions you really need at this thread.
Lassar wrote:
2021-04-28, 06:11
On the update, You did not give me any warning about the extensions.
They did though. They had the add-on manager's Get Add-ons panel updated to warn users about support for unmaintained Firefox extensions. You should watch the forum more often.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-28, 08:33

Also Twatter.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-28, 08:42

Lassar wrote:
2021-04-28, 06:11
You did not give me any warning about the extensions.
On the forum, in announcements, on social media, in RSS feeds, in the add-ons manager itself, on both the discover pane and through the clear warnings with each unmaintained extension as well... We gave plenty of warning, but of course we can't force you to take notice (e.g. if you never check news about the browser, never open the add-ons manager, don't use social media, etc.). So it's unfortunate you got taken by surprise, but that's hardly our fault.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-28, 08:46

Was even on reddit.. Cast in the worse possible light of course.. but it WAS there.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-28, 08:54

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-28, 08:46
Was even on reddit.. Cast in the worse possible light of course.. but it WAS there.
True dat :lol:
But let's just not mention that hater group.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Tohuwabohuix

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2021-04-28, 09:09

Off-topic:
Oh dear God, why did you have been so stingy at the distribution of intelligence and so generous when giving measly babylike self-entitlement?
Everywhere in this forum you will find information on how to make add-ons compatible with Pale Moon on your own PC if you can't fork or don't find forks.
Everyone with a nonchicken brain can just search here for themselves! Or claim adult people links on the silver plate?
:roll:
Last edited by Tohuwabohuix on 2021-04-28, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-28, 09:54

Off-topic:
The only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that they must be a chicken. *sagenod*