Close tabs from "List All Tabs" drop down view? Like All Tabs Helper (Linux)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ttggzz

Close tabs from "List All Tabs" drop down view? Like All Tabs Helper (Linux)

Unread post by ttggzz » 2021-04-21, 19:48

Edit: addendum, Just noticed special 'linux' forum (added 'Linux' to title). I am using Linux (Manjaro), sorry if in wrong forum...

Hello, I just learned about changing graphic view to list view when clicking "List All Tabs". I installed Pale Moon Commander and did it from there, then learned the about:config method viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15956&p=115943#p115899. Was expecting to see a close button on each tab like in the graphic view (and All Tabs Helper). Also tried middle clicking, no go. Is it possible to close tabs from the drop down list view?

And now this :) Regarding All Tabs Helper, which I have had disabled a long time, I found here: viewtopic.php?t=23525#p180982, List All Tabs button must be on the toolbar for All Tabs Helper to work. I enabled All Tabs Helper in add-ons manager and Voila! The List All Tab arrow button (moved to toolbar) now reveals All Tabs Helper, working and with the expected close button, search feature, etc. Except I don't see the All Tabs Helper icon as in the link I posted.

I tried changing LAT back to graphical view, restarted browser, and All Tabs Helper button still not seen. The LAT button then worked as expected, going to graphical view. Switched back to list view and it again became a functioning ATH.

In add-ons manager if you hover over the Palemoon option in ATH preferences, it describes how to have both LAT graphical view and ATH list available as options at the same time. However, as I am not seeing the ATH button at all, I did not explore that far.

In closing, my original question stands because I saw ATH may stop being developed, the developer had some concerns about new requirements for developers on Ffx, if I understood correctly. So in case ATH stops working in the future, is it possible to close tabs from LAT drop down.
thanks

ttggzz

Re: Close tabs from "List All Tabs" drop down view? Like All Tabs Helper (Linux)

Unread post by ttggzz » 2021-04-23, 13:39

OP here, I realized a couple of days later that closing tabs from the drop down list view may have been a bit of an odd request. I've been using All Tabs Helper in Ffx for so long I had forgotten that the same default tab drop down/list view there also does not offer a close tab button, you have to right click and choose from a context menu. Probably a big part of why I initially searched for something like ATH.

As someone who routinely has huge tab counts open in multiple windows I've found ATH to be indispensable, glad to have finally found how to get it basically functioning in PM as well. Although it may be a bit late, between the developer possibly stopping further updates and I saw the announcement here about dropping unmaintained Firefox extensions support.
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=213409#p213409

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Close tabs from "List All Tabs" drop down view? Like All Tabs Helper (Linux)

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-23, 15:43

Sounds like a good fork opportunity. Or maybe the developer would let you take over officially.