Login forms being reset?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LuftWafflePilot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Login forms being reset?

Unread post by LuftWafflePilot » 2021-04-08, 11:20

I have just restarted PM after a several days long session only to find out login forms being reset. It's completely weird, because passwords are still there (although those do seem to get wiped completely randomly once in a long(er) time too), but the usernames are gone.
Is this by chance an intended behaviour or could this be a bug/data corruption of some sort/something?

edit: I use the Session Manager addon, which is the only thing that I think could theoretically be related, but other than that I am just confused.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Login forms being reset?

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-08, 11:28

Is there any change to your saved passwords in password manager, i.e. are you still able to see both usernames and passwords?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-08, 11:30

Did you change privacy settings? Clearing "Search and form history" will remove those fields.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LuftWafflePilot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LuftWafflePilot » 2021-04-08, 12:00

moonbat wrote:
2021-04-08, 11:28
Is there any change to your saved passwords in password manager, i.e. are you still able to see both usernames and passwords?
Nope, not at all.
Moonchild wrote:
2021-04-08, 11:30
Did you change privacy settings? Clearing "Search and form history" will remove those fields.
I am aware. I did a clean during the session, but I made sure only cache option was ticked.

LuftWafflePilot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LuftWafflePilot » 2021-04-08, 12:08

I also ran into quite annoying side effect to this.
With the usernames deleted, the password manager is broken and even if I type an username in the form manually, it doesn't get saved. When I Tab to the password field, it gets filled (still saved), but the username is still not there. I have to delete the entire entry for the website and save it again during logging in.

edit: for clarification, both usernames and passwords are still saved in the password manager correcly, but the browser doesn't offer the credentials at all.