Bookmarks default location

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
arky217

Bookmarks default location

Unread post by arky217 » 2021-01-17, 04:23

When I bookmark a page, it always defaults to the 'Bookmarks Menu'.
Even when I change the location and save the page to the 'Bookmarks Toolbar',
the next time I bookmark a page, it still defaults to the 'Bookmarks Menu'.

I would like it to default to the 'Bookmarks Toolbar'.
Is there any way to do that ?

EMH_Mark_I
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Bookmarks default location

Unread post by EMH_Mark_I » 2021-01-17, 06:15

After a little looking around I couldn't find anything on setting a default bookmark folder.
You could checkout the "Add Bookmark Helper" add-on. It adds a bookmark menu item when you right click the bookmark toolbar.
screenshot.png
Devuan Ceres | XFCE4
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Bookmarks default location

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-17, 09:05

arky217 wrote:
2021-01-17, 04:23
it always defaults to the 'Bookmarks Menu'.
Even when I change the location and save the page to the 'Bookmarks Toolbar',
the next time I bookmark a page, it still defaults to the 'Bookmarks Menu'.
Bookmarking pages by design defaults to "unsorted" bookmarks, which, indeed, get placed in the bookmarks menu. You have to indicate for each new bookmark where it should be filed if you don't want it to be in the pile of unsorted bookmarks you've made. That behaviour is on purpose; specifying a different default location isn't supported because it would make no sense to put all unsorted bookmarks in any other location than unsorted bookmarks. For the record it's probably faster if you want to add a lot of them to the toolbar in one go to just do so through the bookmarks manager (Organize Booksmarks - the Library view) with multi-select and drag&drop to the toolbar folder.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite