dragging files from Outlook to the browser Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
disconect

dragging files from Outlook to the browser

Unread post by disconect » 2020-06-10, 19:50

Hello,

At work we use Jira, and there is a box in each Jira ticket that allows you to drag-and-drop files so that they get attached to the ticket. In the past, I was unable to do this with emails in Outlook. I researched the issue and found a nifty little program called Outlook File Drag. It is located at https://github.com/tonyfederer/OutlookFileDrag.

I tried to drag a file to Pale Moon today, and it did not work. It showed an X, meaning that the file could not be dragged there. I checked and there was an update to Outlook File Drag, but updating it did not fix the issue. I tried dragging the file into Chrome, which worked just fine. I'm wondering if perhaps something changed in a recent update to Pale Moon? Unfortunately I only use this feature once in a while, so I don't know at what PM version the problem started happening.

I know this may or may not be a Pale Moon issue, and it's probably a very niche use case, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be or what I might be able to do to get it working again. Thanks!

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: dragging files from Outlook to the browser

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-06-10, 23:28

Just to make sure, if you try to upload files using mouse clicks (click on button, select file from dialog window, click upload) does it work? Assuming you can do that, that is.
If it doesn't work using buttons then the issue might be more complex than what you are experiencing.

disconect

Re: dragging files from Outlook to the browser

Unread post by disconect » 2020-07-06, 15:35

Well I finally figured this out. It turns out the Outlook add-in got switched to disabled at some point. It's always the simple things! So it works now.